Monday, April 20, 2015

MARIANO'S FRESH MARKET

Mariano's Fresh Markets burst upon the Chicago scene a few years ago.  It is a fabulous SUPERMARKET.  It has a wide variety of foods and special amenities.  On Saturday my family took advantage of the FREE GRILLING option for the first (and very definitely not the last) time!   We all loved it!


from Mariano's website.


company overview


Mariano’s is unlike any other store. See for yourself how we bring you the freshest high-quality foods from just about everywhere in the world...be it kosher bagels from down the street, or mozzarella from Caserta, Italy. And we created a neighborhood shopping environment filled with amenities like an Italian coffee shop serving authentic gelato, a wood-fired pizza oven, and sit down sushi bar; not to mention a full-service pharmacy. All at prices so compelling, that our Shop well. Eat well. Live well.philosophy can become yours too.

history


The first Mariano’s opened in Arlington Heights, Illinois in July of 2010. Named for the Chief Executive Officer, Robert Mariano, the store was designed and built to deliver the highest quality products from around the world and those produced locally to shoppers with unequaled service and hospitality.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Our family selected BLACK ANGUS BONELESS TOP SIRLOIN STEAKS.   The steaks were cooked to our specific instructions with seasonings we chose and we brought them home and feasted. Of course, I limited myself to just 4 ounces.   Sure, I could have eaten more.   But I am always reminded by what my physician, Dr Tenhundfeld told me back on December 24th during my initial 'wellness exam,'  "There's another meal coming in six hours."   I no longer feel like I have to eat as much as I might feel capable of eating.  I do limit myself by thinking about portion control.  There is always another meal coming, always another day of three more meals.  Each meal is not an eating contest!  Each meal is not an all-you-can-eat festival (as it used to be for me)  I am making changes.  I am still in the process of trying to break life-long habits. I continue to make changes.  

OUR STEAKS - BEING GRILLED AT MARIANO'S
I had my 16 oz selection cut into four 4oz portions, the bigger piece was for my wife and child.
SUNDAY MENU

breakfast  two poached eggs, oat meal w/prune, turkey sausage patties                       345 calories
lunch        BLACK ANGUS SIRLOIN, spinach w/cherry tomatoes, tortilla soup       430 calories
dinner      6 oz JUMBO SHRIMP, spinach salad w/cherry tomato, tortilla soup      
                homemade HEINZ SHRIMP COCKTAIL SAUCE (1 TBSP)                      300 calories

total caloric consumption 1075 calories

CALORIES BURNED
10AM elliptical 32 minutes 473 calories

TOTAL SUNDAY NET CALORIES  602 CALORIES


6 oz COOKED SHRIMP from MARIANO'S FRESH MARKET - 100 CALORIES


No comments: