Thursday, April 2, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!

Today is April 2.   On April 2, 1935, my Mom was born.  She is 80 years old today.  Happy Birthday, Mom.  I should not be so shocked that my own Mom is 80 years old...since I am 57 years old.   What is shocking to me is that at my age, I am not so far away from being 80 years old myself.  That IS shocking.  The good news for me is that I have changed my lifestyle so that I have a good chance of achieving this age (and beyond) in good health.  The path that I had been on previously was not leading to a good outcome.
HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY, MOM!
 I am so pleased to be here to help you celebrate!
The direction that my life took changed somehow while I was visiting the doctor for a 'wellness' exam on December 24, 2014.  When I awoke that morning, I had no plans and no real desire to make the decisions that would change my life.  During my consultation with the doctor, I summoned the desire to change my lifestyle.  During the summer of 2014, my Mom was suggesting that I should try to lose weight.   The only real reason that I had made that appointment was that I promised my Mom that I would 'at the very least' see a doctor for a checkup prior to the end of the year.  That promise was made during previous summer.  Obviously I was not in a big hurry to fulfill that promise to my Mom - but I am glad I did as the visit to the doctor has propelled me to a new freedom - the freedom to be fit and healthy.  It feels great.  Thanks, Mom!  And Happy Birthday!

Yesterday I had the rare opportunity to spend the entire day with my Mom in Lynbrook, Long Island in the home that I grew up in.  It was a thoroughly delightful day.  As soon as i arrived home, we had lunch.   if there was any doubt, and there was none, my Mom is a regular reader of my blog. My Mom prepared two perfect meals for me yesterday. Isn't that what Moms do?

 LUNCH: spinach salad w/tomato and Panera Bread Tortilla soup (purchased from a supermarket) 305 calories

4
DINNER: spinach salad w/cucumber & tomato, 4 Trader Joe's turkey meatballs,
one cup broccoli, one potato pancake, CABBAGE SOUP 416 calories
WEDNESDAY MENU
breakfast   two hard-boiled eggs, one apple, three slices turkey 'bacon'                   326 calories
lunch         spinach salad w/tomato, Panera Bread chicken tortilla soup.                  305 calories
dinner        spinach salad w/tomato & cucumber, turkey meatballs, cup broccoli     416 calories
               

total calories consumed  1047 calories

calories burned
late Tuesday night   elliptical 42min  478 calories

TUESDAY NET CALORIES   569 CALORIES

No comments: